Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Trip to the Zoo

During UEA weekend we took the kids to the zoo.  I was really excited to see the new polar bear exhibit.   It was pretty cool, but it was really crowded and we couldn't see much for very long.  We were also a little disappointed that several more parts of the zoo were shut down for renovations,  the kids playground and the trains and several animal exhibits.  We still had fun though but I think we will wait until 2014 to go back to the zoo when all that opens again.

I didn't take very many pictures at the zoo.  It was really crowded and Jason and I were outnumbered with 4 kids running around in all different directions. TJ refuses to ride in the wagon, which is fine but he is fast so you have to keep a close eye on him.  And Kiara likes to just wander off to look at something without saying anything   I have lost her at the zoo before a few years ago.  Not a fun experience!  So I snapped a couple pictures of the kids looking at the elephants then put the camera away so I could chase the kids around.  :-)



After the zoo we took the kids to grandma and grandpa Roison's house to spend the night.  Jason and I were able to get away for the night and use some gift certificates we have had for a while.  It was a really fun weekend and so good to have some alone time.  The kids had a blast and grandmas house.  Thanks grandma and grandpa, you are the best!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I really want to see the rocky shores exhibit. We were thinking of going for Chase's b-day