Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Kiara's Birthday and Baptism

Kiara just had her 8th birthday!  Her birthday was on a Friday this year so it was a short day at school. After school we had a party with her friends.  She had 9 friends show up!  I can't tell you how happy I am that she has made so many new friends.  I think the move has been the hardest on her.  She got a new camera for her birthday so here are a few pictures of her friends taken with her new camera.



Playing a silly pop the balloon game

Delma and I made spider cupcakes for her party while while Kiara was at school.

The next morning we got up early and got everyone ready to go to Kiara's baptism.  She wore a beautiful dress made by grandma Rhonda!

Daddy and daughter.

Just love these little people!! (and dog)



After the baptism we all went back to our house to celebrate and have a birthday party.

This year she wanted a spider-witch cake, since that is what she was for Halloween   I couldn't find a witch doll so I decided to get the cake spray to make the doll green.  The whole thing was a disaster from the start.  Delma and TJ were helping me make the cake and between that and I kept getting work calls it was hard to focus.  The first cake we totally forgot the baking powder!  So we had to scrap that cake and start over.  Then when I went to put the doll in I broke off her arm.  I was really not happy with the way this cake turned out AT ALL.  But, Kiara liked it so that is what matters.





It was such a wonderful day, I'm so thankful to all those that came out so early on a Saturday to share this special event with us.  We love Kiara so much and are very proud of her.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I am so proud of Kiara. Thank you for inviting me to the baptism, there is always such a special feeling at those events.