Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Halloween

We had a really fun halloween this year.  Delma got to dress up for a preschool party the day before.  On Halloween Brennen and Kiara had a parade at their school.  Jason and I dressed up Delma and TJ and went to their parade   It was really fun to see all the kids at the school.

Brennen wanted to be Aang from the Last Airbender.  We shaved his head completely bald the night before Halloween, then on Halloween we painted a blue arrow on his head.  We tried to talk him out of doing this but he insisted.




Air Bending!  (I'm still not exactly sure what that means)

Delma wanted to be princess Merida from Brave.  She played the part beautifully and got lot of compliments about how she looks just like the princess.

Beautiful!
Kiara wanted to be a Spider Witch.  We actually found this witch costume at a yard sale and it had spider webs.  Perfect!  I got her a spider she could wear around her neck as part of her costume.  I think it turned out really good, she looked great!
So cute!
We had a tiger costume from when Brennen was little that we planned for TJ to wear.  Then we found this airplane costume and since he LOVES airplanes we got it for him.  We decided to still have him wear the Tiger so it would keep him warm.  So he ended up being a tiger flying an airplane.  We got a lot of fun comments about his costume.

Cutest pilot ever!
After the kids got home from school we fed them some dinner then got ready to go trick-or-treating.  The weather was perfect!  Jason took Kiara, Delma and TJ out while I stayed home to pass out candy. After about a half an hour TJ was done so Jason brought him back home to help me pass out candy.  He really enjoyed that.  This was the first year we let Brennen go out with his friends.  He did really good and came home on time and didn't get into any trouble.  It's hard having him grow up and giving him a little more freedom!

When they came back from trick-or-treating I sorted through Kiara's bucket and took out everything with nuts and put it in a "mom and dad" pile.  After I was done I  looked at Delma and said "ok your turn, bring me your bucket so I can take out what dad and I want".   She paused for a few seconds then forced a smile to her face and in a little too high pitched of a voice she said "sure mom!"  Such a sweet heart!  I then told her I was just teasing her.  :-)

It was a really great day and we all had a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Laura said...

They all look so cute, except B, he looks cool. Delma is a perfect Merida!

reednrhonda said...

The original Air bender, awesome.

reednrhonda said...

There is no way I would have done anything this bold when I was his age. What an awesome kid. That is because he has such awesome parents, and we love you guys.