Saturday, August 30, 2014

Delma's Half Birthday Horse Party

For the last couple years Delma has really wanted a friend birthday party with a real horse.  The problem is her birthday is in February.  For her 7th birthday I decided to plan ahead and throw a half birthday party for her in August instead.  I was a little hesitant when sending out the invitations because I could just see some of the mom's rolling their eyes thinking I have turned into "one of those kind of moms" that has a party for their kids for everything.  I did put on the invitation that gifts were not necessary (most brought one anyway).   We will not have a friend party for her on her actual birthday in Feb.  It turned out to be such a great idea!  It went so well and now I don't have to worry about what to do with ten 7 yr old's in my house in the winter for a party.

Delma was especially excited because I had made arrangements for her best friend that had moved to Lehi earlier in the year to come to her party.

There is a teenage girl that lives in the neighborhood next to us.  She does lessons,  rides and parties with her horse to earn extra money.  I had made plans with her to bring her horse to Delma's party for a very reasonable price.

We got Delma's pony out for them to play with when waiting their turn.  It was a big hit too.  Delma and some of the kids went a few houses down the street to pick up a couple other girls and I snapped a picture of them all running back in a big line down the sidewalk.

We had little goodie bags for the kids to take home and Delma had some horse treats that we put in a little goodie bag for the horse to take home as well.  The horse's name was Buttercup.



















No comments: