Saturday, October 2, 2010

family prayer

Delma enjoying her chocolate pudding!
I'm totally using this picture at her wedding reception.
Lately Delma loves to say the prayer.  Even when it is not her turn we do two prayers because she insists on saying one also. She also prays again if anyone takes seconds during a meal.  If anyone tries to help her during the prayer she yells "I do it my belf!"  The other day we had chicken pot pies for dinner (thanks Marie Callendar!). I was up to my eye balls in laundry that day (7 loads washed folded and put away, took me all day but I did it!) and didn't plan ahead for dinner....anyway her dinner prayer went like this


Delma: "Father Heaven thanks for pie, peas, chicken, plates, drinks STOP LAUGHING (glaring at Brennen), pie, plates, chicken, peas, drink, fork".
 
This went on for a few minutes until I prompted her to say amen.
 
Family prayer that night
 
Delma: "Father Heaven thanks that daddy is not dead, and mommy is not dead and Tara (Kiara) is not dead and STOP LAUGHING (glaring at Brennen) and Brennen is not dead and doggy is not dead". 
 
She repeated this a few times until I prompted her to say amen.
 
I love that she loves to pray and that she can come up with what to pray about all by herself.  She is such a sweet spirit! (even when she has her red-headed moments)

2 comments: