Tuesday, October 5, 2010

bunk beds

Since we are going to need Delma's room for a nursery we decided to have the girls share Kiara's room instead of moving her downstairs.  We found a set of bunk beds for a great deal that has draweres attached and came with a matching dresser.  It also has a desk on one side which Kiara is really excited about since she loves to draw and write notes and cards.  We set the beds up last week.  We were going to wait and have Delma start sleeping in her new bed in a few months since we don't need her room for a while but she was really excited to sleep in her new bed.
Here they are finally asleep on the first night.  It has been quite the challenge to get them to stay in their beds and settle down and go to sleep.  We are hoping that when the newness wears off it will get easier.  They both have colds right now which is not helping.

Delma loves the shelves next to her bed, plenty of room for her 4 drinks, toys and books.  (yes she has to have 2-4 water bottles next to her or sleeping is not an option)
Here is Kiara finally asleep!  Little stinker told Delma all about the monsters under her bed then got mad when Delma tried to climb the ladder to sleep in her bed.

5 comments:

Angela said...

What cute beds! I would love the desk too. :) Where did you get them?

jasnjan said...

KSL, the almighty marketplace. :)

Laura said...

awesome bunk bed set. I always got to sleep on the top bunk, I don't know why because I was younger. Maybe Jenalyn didn't like the top.

reednrhonda said...

So did you paint the drawer fronts to match the room or did they come that way? I spent many nights in bunk beds when I was young.......although the first bed I remember was a full size bed that one corner was held up with a couple of bricks. I shared with sisters of course. Also there was a litter of kittens born on that bed. the bunk beds you slept on growing up were one in the same as the ones I had growing up. My parents had two sets. For a while we had them stacked three high. Not a lot of head room on the top bunk. Alicia slept up there, she was the daring one.

Jenalyn and Mike said...

Those are fun! My boys would love them...but I'm scared to put them up that high. Silly, I know...