Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ginger Bread!

For family night this week we made a ginger bread house and train. We have never done this before so the kids thought it was great fun!

Kiara made the train. She had fun putting all the candy on it and loved eating the frosting!

Brennen made the house, I think he had more fun eating the candy than putting it on the house.

Delma got to eat a few broken pieces of cookie and play with frosting. She really liked it!

6 comments:

reednrhonda said...

Ahh, the memories. My mom made the greatest gingerbread houses, she also made churches, sleighs. They were amazing! It was a sad day when we had to throw them away. They only last so long, then they crumble and the windows melt out. I don't think I was there when we surrendered the ones at home, but I do remember when the ones at Dr Pearson's office had to go.(We worked there together before she died). That was a sad day, like throwing away a part of yourself. I never could get them to work like hers. Momr

Laura said...

That looks like fun. Danny and I tried to make a house one year, but the frosting hardened before we could finish. It was great fun though. The kids did a good job. They look great!

Angela said...

How fun! We started doing that a few years ago and it's been fun. We haven't done it this year yet, I guess we had better get on the ball!

reednrhonda said...

That brings back memories of when I was dating your mother and I would help build and decorate the houses and churches. We even made some for my mom and dad one christmas. Sorry we did't do any when you guys were growing up.

Jenalyn and Mike said...

Looks like fun! Are the kits they sell pretty good? Do they come with the candy, or just the pieces? Just curious.

jasnjan said...

The kits come with everything you need. Including frosting and plenty of candy.