Sunday, December 14, 2008

Boy troubles and bladder troubles

Kiara has a boyfriend! At church a few weeks ago during sacrament meeting a boy sitting behind us shared his coloring book with her. When we got home she told us he was her boy friend. His name is Nathan and he is a couple years older than her. He is a Kindergartner! The next Sunday she colored with him again. Then after church she told us she was going to marry him in the temple. Every time we are at church she is constantly looking for him. At home during dinner we go around the table and have everyone say the "worst" and "best" thing that happend that day. When it is Kiara's turn she says the worst thing is that she didn't get to see Nathan that day. Today after church she spotted Nathan and started running after him. He ran out the door and into the parking lot. She came in crying hysterically that he ran away from her. I took a while to calm her down. Then on the way home she started crying again and said "Nathan ran away from me, what if he thinks that I'm a monster". She was very upset! Poor girl! These boy troubles should not be starting this young. I'm pretty sure Nathan is oblivious to the situation.
Delma has been really sick the past couple weeks. She was just getting over a viral sore throat that ended with a nasty rash when she started getting fevers and chills. Her fever was pretty high and she wasn't sleeping well so I took her to the Dr. again. Third time in two weeks. (luckily my pediatrician doesn't blow me off and takes my concerns seriously) He said her fever was too high to be caused by her teething (101-102) so she must have an infection, her ears were clear (although she did have another sore throat). So he decided to cath her and get a urine sample (she really hated that) to test for a bladder infection. Sure enough that was it. Apparently bladder infections can make you feel pretty bad, like you have the flu. Very achey and hard to sleep. It has been a really long week! She seemed to be in so much pain and was not sleeping hardly at all. She had a preisthood blessing on Saturday and finally seems to be feeling a little better today. The Dr. said that sometimes bladder infections just happen in little girls but one thing to do that may help prevent it is no more bubble baths! Dang! Delma loves bubble baths.

4 comments:

Aaron and The Girls + Son said...

Kiara looks beautiful in this picture. You guys are in SOOOO much trouble! But at least she knows where she wants to get married. So cute! Dollee is first of my girls to have a boyfriend. They must be starting young nowadays.

Brian_n_Amy said...

Kiara is such a beautiful little girl. Poor thing.

I'm not sure how old babies need to be before they can have this, but when I was a little kid, I had a bladder infection and my doctor told me to drink cranberry juice. I don't know if that will help or not.

caron said...

I think me and Kiara need to sit and have a heart to heart about these boys running away from us. :)
Cute girls!

Amber said...

What a cute little family you guys have. And to answer you, I felt like the homeschooling wasn't even a choice for me. I knew years ago that it is what she would need and so I started thinking and preparing myself for it a long time ago. She is really young/immature for her age, so sweet and innocent. I knew middle school would be too hard and ruin her. Homeschooling really isn't as hard as you would think and there is tons of stuff online, lessons, ideas, worksheets, etc. My younger boys all go to elementary school but I know my 1st grader will most likely need homeschooled someday too. I know it's a hard decision but only parents know what is best for their own child. Anyway, hope this helped. Let me know if I can help you or if you have more ?s.
And just FYI..I'm guessing my 5th grader will always go to school. I don't think he would ever want to be home all the time, he loves everything about school.