Friday, February 21, 2014

Microwave Incident

Kiara came home from school and wanted a snack, which is a normal occurrence.  She headed to the fridge and took out a baked potato.  She LOVES baked potatoes.  She threw it in the microwave and after about 15 seconds I realized that she didn't take the tinfoil off!  I hurried to get it out of the microwave, luckily before it blew up.  As I was unwrapping the potato and explaining to her AGAIN why you can't put tinfoil in the microwave she took a drink to the table and promptly spilled it all over the floor.  While I was cleaning up the spilled drink I heard a loud popping noises from the microwave.  I ran over there and stopped it.  There was a small tupperware of mac and cheese in the microwave that had basically exploded.  Apparently she had given up on the potato and went for the macaroni instead.  I asked her how long she set the microwave for and she told me 5 minutes.  Five Minutes!  It should have been 30 seconds.    I told her she was grounded from the microwave for a while!  This all happened within 10 minutes of her walking in the door after school.  During this whole thing there was a carpet installer in our familyroom trying to fix a problem with our carpet and he was laughing hysterically.  All in all it was a pretty funny experience.  Silly Kiara!

1 comment:

reednrhonda said...

Sounds like Kiara was having a pretty rough time - poor girl, it's hard when nothing seems to work out for you, especially when you are hungry after a long day at school!