I told Kiara a couple of years ago that she could have her ears pierced when she was ready. At the time she was adamant that she was not going to do it so I just let it go. A few days ago she asked me if I would take her to get them pierced. She has a few friends that have their ears pierced that have been encouraging her and Kiara is such a girly girly (when she is not playing with bugs) she loves to wear jewelry and makeup and high heels so she decided she was ready to try this out. I also think she was feeling a bit self-conscious about her teeth and new braces and wanted to do something fun. Either way it was a good excuse for a fun girl's afternoon.
We decided to go to Clair's on a Saturday afternoon. Delma wanted to come too but was undecided if she was going to get pierced as well. She wanted to watch "big sister" do it first and then decide.
Kiara was very brave, she got a little teary with the second ear but they were really fast and moved right to the second one before she had a chance to get to upset.
Delma decided she was going to go for it! She brought her piglet to give her courage.
They were both so brave and we had a fun afternoon. They told me that their friends said you are supposed to get ice cream after getting your ears pierced. There is an ice cream shop conveniently located right next door. :)
I love spending time with these cute girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment