We had a lot of fun on Halloween this year. Kiara wanted to be a nice witch and Delma wanted to be Princess Merrida again. Which was great since we already had the costume and it still fit. TJ didn't want to be anything. I had several costumes that would work for him but he refuse to even try any of them on. He had some Halloween pj's that grandma got for him that he wouldn't take off so we just figured that would have to do. But I was worried about him being warm enough. Brennen wore a jail bird costume that I picked up for a couple bucks at a yard sale. He only dressed up because I told him he couldn't trick-or-treat without a costume. I was finally able to snap a picture of Brennen after he came home that night. He was pretty happy that he ended up with a few full size candy bars and cans of soda.
The kids and I made a few fun Halloween crafts like ghost suckers and chocolate Halloween suckers. On Halloween Delma was so excited to be part of the school parade. It was a lot of fun seeing all the kids dressed up. On the way home from the parade TJ saw a kid dressed up as a dragon similar to one of the costumes that we had for him so he decided to try it on when we got home. YEAH!! He decided he liked it and would wear it. I was happy because he would be warm and cute.
We got a ton of candy trick-or-treating. Brennen went off with his friends and I took the kids out until TJ got tired. Then TJ and I handed out candy while Jason took the girls back out. I think he had more fun handing out candy.
The first few days after Halloween TJ carried his green pumpkin bucket full of candy everywhere with him and told me he was going to go again that night. I think Halloween is his favorite holiday, over a month later and he still won't stop talking about ghosts and scary things. I think we checked out almost every kid Halloween book at the library and read them over and over and over again.
He likes to make up stories about scary pumpkins and ghosts and one night for family night he started singing "Jesus Wants Me For a Zombie". It shouldn't be funny but it was pretty funny! Also in his prayers at night he says he is thankful for his "haunted house". Silly guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment