Wednesday, July 13, 2011

4th of July Celebrations!

Have I mentioned before that I LOVE the 4th of July!

We start of the celebrations by going to my grandmas house on the 3rd of July (this year it was the 2nd since the 3rd was a Sunday) they do a fantastic firework show at the high school by her house and we get to watch it from her front yard.  We all gather at her house for dinner and hang out and play games until the show starts.  So much fun!

TJ really liked the fireworks.  He didn't get scared just stared and stared.  I did cover his ears for the really loud ones.  He is such a trooper!

my cutie!


the gang

Silly Kiara!

Here is TJ watching the firework show.  It was dark and I didn't notice the spit-up on his clothes so ignore that part.

On the 4th of July we headed up to Midway to my grandmas cabin.  They always have lunch/dinner ready all day for whoever wants to come up.  We (Jason) can turn anything into a fishing trip so we left around 9:00 am and headed up to the pond in Midway to do a little fishing before going to the cabin for lunch.  It was really crowded but we still had fun and caught a few fish.
Kiara's favorite part of fishing at the Midway pond is the snacks I bring and the playground.  :-)

Delma was so happy to be able to wear her "fishing shorts".  She has two pairs of shorts that she refuses to wear unless we are fishing/camping.

keeping a close eye on that bubble!

Oh yeah!

TJ and I hung out on a blanket, he just loves being outside.

Brennen was finally able to hook a fish.  I wasn't able to get a picture of it after he reeled it in though.


After our lunch at the cabin we went to Jason's parents house for dinner.  It was really yummy!  The kids had a good time playing with their cousins and grandma and grandpa.



No comments: