Wednesday, July 14, 2010

trip to the dentist


I REALLY REALLY dislike going to the dentist. I always cancel my apt. at least once but finally convince myself to go. Even though I have really good teeth and rarely have a problem I just don't like it. (no offense to my cousin who is a dentist)

The girls and I had an apt. today. Kiara LOVES the dentist and was really excited. Delma was having her first "happy visit". So put Kiara in a chair to clean her teeth and put me in the chair next to her that was separated by a half wall. Delma sat on my lap while they cleaned my teeth, she was really good. She opened her mouth for them no problem so she is going to have an official cleaning next time. Oh and all the hygienists had to come over to see her hair.

So the funny part was after they finished cleaning Kiara's teeth they told her to stay in the chair and wait for the dentist to come look at her teeth. So while they were cleaning my teeth the dentist walks up and down the hall a couple of times. Then he looks in at me then walks up and down the hall a couple more times. Then he came over laughing. He could not see Kiara sitting in that chair so he was wandering around trying to find the patient he was supposed to look at. He thought maybe it was Delma but since she was little and sitting in my lap he was confused. Kiara is so little in that big chair that he couldn't see that anyone was in there. It was pretty funny. I told him that sometimes when we are out on a walk she will just step behind a pole and we can't find her anywhere. TRUE STORY!

NO CAVITIES FOR ANYONE!

Jason and Brennen get to go next month.

4 comments:

miss felicity said...

i won't lie i hate the dentist too. i hate the profession, but not the person themselves (well not anymore anyway)

reednrhonda said...

I don't like the dentist either. I get very tired of hearing how small my mouth is and how hard it is to work in there. i really should make an appt to get them cleaned. momr

Laura said...

That's funny about Kiara. I worry when we have to take Parker. He hardly lets us open his mouth, and Danny and I have to put on a song and dance every night to get him to brush.

Glad no one has cavities!

miss felicity said...

i had to be told what would happen if i didn't brush to get me to finally brush