Thursday, July 15, 2010

BREAKING NEWS!

So it's officially not a secret anymore. I am pregnant with baby #4!


We are really excited! (Sometimes I go from being excited to a little freaked out in the same minute :-) Brennen is hoping for a brother. He is sure he cannot survive with three sisters. Although he is an awesome big brother (most of the time). Last Sunday after church he took Delma in her room and read to her until she fell asleep for her nap. I didn't even ask him to.
Then after she woke up from her nap he painted both his sisters' fingers and toes for them. I think it will be a boy but I'm pretty sure he will "survive" if it is a girl.

At the dinner table our kids often talk about how there are 6 chairs around our table and only 5 people in our family. Guess that won't be a problem for very much longer!

This pregnancy is going to be a little more challenging than the others (besides that I am getting old!). Several months ago I was diagnosed with a genetic blood clot disorder (thanks mom!), I had some tests done after having had two clots over the last few years. Being pregnant greatly increases my risk for a clot. So as a precaution during this pregnancy I have to inject myself with shots of heparin twice a day to prevent a clot. That is over 420 shots over the next 7 months! (I shouldn't have added this up and started a count down) The shots aren't as hard as I thought they would be and sometimes if I do it right it doesn't hurt all that much. Trying to plan my day around being able to do the shot every 12 hrs is challenging. And I have only been doing it a few days and already have several bruises. Oh well. It's worth it to make sure that the baby and I will be ok.

I'm still trying to get used to the idea that I will be the mother of FOUR kids!But we do make such beautiful babies
There is never a dull moment at our house!

3 comments:

reednrhonda said...

We are very happy for you, and also hoping for another boy to carry on the Robison name. I can hardly wait to see if this one resembles one of its siblings or like the others, has its own special look! You are very brave to face the possible complications. But I think everything will be just great! Momr

Brian_n_Amy said...

Whoo hoo! Congrats guys! That is so exciting! We're so happy for you!

Laura said...

Hooray and congratulations again! You are very brave to go through with the shots, but I think everything will be okay too.