It was PERFECT weather and we had so much fun. We went on a 3 mile hike, two 6 mile bike rides and went fishing and the nearby pond twice. We were able to get a little relaxing in as well.
The morning we were leaving I woke up with a horrible head cold. I was so mad! I was a little miserable for the first few days of our trip but with the help of some awesome cold medicine I was able to keep up with all the activities we had planned for the kids. I went to bed early every night so I could get some extra sleep.
We went on a fun hike at Soldier Hollow, TJ walked the entire way so we went pretty slow. But the kids had fun exploring and looking at, butterflies, giant grasshoppers, lizards and even a few hawks in the sky.
After each activity Delma would get out her journal and draw pictures of everything she saw so she could remember.
We had a lot of fun putting food out on the deck for the squirrels. At one point we had 5 squirrels who kept running back and forth getting the food and occasionally fighting with each other. I was trying to take a nap to get rid of my stupid cold but could not sleep because of all the pitter patter running back and forth on the deck by the silly squirrels. We opened the door and kept putting the food closer and closer until we would eventually get the squirrels to come into the cabin a few inches to get the food.
One squirrel came in the cabin and stuck his face right in front of the camera Jason was holding on the floor so he snapped a picture, it turned out pretty funny.
We always enjoy fishing and the pond near the cabin. They stock it with pretty big fish and we know the secret bait. :) We use bread since there are so many ducks and people feed the ducks the fish are used to eating bread. We always keep a few of the biggest fish we catch and cook them for dinner.
Delma loves "providing dinner for the family".
This is one of my most favorite pictures ever! The fish jumped and flipped over right as I took the picture.
Delma demonstrating how big the fish was that she caught all by herself. She cast it, set the hook and reeled it in. I was having a really hard time setting the hook and was unable to catch one (I blame it on the cold medicine) so at one point Delma asked me if I would like her to help me catch a fish.
There was a muskrat that kept hanging around and swimming right by where we were fishing. A few times he would come right up on shore and steal a few pieces of bread. It was cute at first but then annoying because he wouldn't leave. TJ kept wanting to pet him, Brennen had to scoot him back in the water with his foot a few times to get him to go away so TJ wouldn't actually pet him.
Brennen lost his line while he had a fish on the hook. I was able to cast my line out just past his and tangle his bobber with mine and reel in his fish that was unattached to his pole. This happened not once but twice! At least I was able to catch fish this way.
Kiara is so silly, she always insists on taking a picture of her pretending to eat the fish.
We decided this trip that we would take all our bikes and bike trailers with us. Jason and I both pull a bike trailer but it was getting too hard to fit two kids into one of them. Since Kiara is finally able to ride a two wheeler with gears so she is able to go on a pretty decent bike ride. Jason pulled Delma in his trailer and I pulled TJ and Brennen and Kiara each rode their bikes. It is quite the production getting everything unloaded and set up. We were able to do two bike rides one on a bike trail in Heber about 6 miles long. Kiara did great! The next day we did another 6 mile long ride through Provo River Parkway. It is a really beatiful ride and pretty easy. I think Kiara could have handled a lot longer so we are going to give it a try again soon.
Along the Provo Parkway is a little pool of water they they stock with fish. We stopped for a few minutes to let the kids play.
For the last few days of our trip we took the kids to stay with grandpa and grandma Robison so Jason and I could go back up to the cabin to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. We were able to go on about a 6 mile hike one of the days. It was beautiful weather and there was hardly any other people around. We really appreciated being able to have a couple days to spend with each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment