Friday, April 5, 2013

Conference Bingo

For conference this session I decided to try a bingo game.  I found some bingo cards to print out online and got a bunch of prizes at the store (Easter stuff was all 75% off which worked out great)  I told the kids they had to listen for certain words during conference and when they heard that word they put a penny on it.  They could each get bingo two times for each session.  They were really excited and starting piling the pennies really high when they heard a word repeat that they had already marked.  We made it through every single session of conference with the kids staying engaged and having fun!  Best experience of conference so far.  The bingo game lasted about 1 1/2 hrs each session until they all got their two prizes.  We then had some coloring pages.  I also had Brennen write down a few sentences about the topic of each speaker.  The next day for family home evening we went around the room and had everyone say something they remembered from conference.  All the kids remembered a specific story or talk it was awesome!  We will definitely be trying this again.







No comments: