I'll start with the Bad...
The girls and I play at the park about 5 nights a week. While Brennen is at baseball practice we play at the playground next to the field while Jason is practicing with the team. When Brennen has games he has to be there to warm up about 45 minutes before the game so we play at the playground at the elementary school next to the ball park while waiting for the game to start. The other day when we were playing a little boy about age 3 or 4 was walking around the playground being mean to the other kids, pushing, hitting, spitting and screaming in their face. At one point he pushed Delma from behind and she fell down in the sand. A few minutes later we were at the drinking fountain waiting for her turn when he walked up to her and screamed right in her face. She started crying and after that she would not go and play, she just wanted to sit on my lap. I would tell the little boy to stop it but he would just ignore me. I looked around for the boy's mother and she was just sitting there watching everything. I would have tried to talk to her about it if SHE SPOKE ENGLISH! Anyway...the kid continued to bully other kids and every once in a while his mom would get up and walk over to him and say no, no, no. Then the kid would SPIT at his mother, so she would turn around and go and sit back down. SERIOUSLY!! This is when you PICK UP YOUR KID AND TAKE HIM HOME!!! So the part that really makes me mad is the last several days when we are at the playground and other kids are playing Delma will run away from them and say "people, people!" and grab my leg and hide behind me. Even when other kids try to play with her while we are watching the baseball game. She will hide from them and won't play. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
ok now for the good...
This will start out sounding bad but it really is good. There is this girl in Brennen's class at school that he has had trouble with all year. She pokes him in the back with pencils and tries to get him in trouble by doing something wrong then blaming it on him or just making stuff up that he did and telling the teacher on him. At first I thought Brennen was exagerating but there have been several incidents that when I went in to talk to the teacher about what happened the other kids would tell the teacher and I that Brennen didn't do it that she was making it up. Anyway...yesterday at school Brennen got a certificate for a free meal at Taco Time. He told me that he felt a prompting that he should give it to this little girl, so he did. When he gave it to her she was pretty shocked. She then told him that her mother was sick and that she loves taco time and now she could take this certificate home and give it to her mom to cheer her up. Later on that day she found a bouncy ball and gave it to Brennen. I don't think she will be causing trouble for him anytime soon, and hopefully they can start to be friends. I am very proud of Brennen!
3 comments:
That is so sad for Delma, but so awesome for Brennan. :)
Poor Delma, I totally understand her reaction. That is how I feel sometimes.
Brennen can be so awesome! He seems to have that deep spirituality that his dad had when he was young. It is so wonderful that he listens to those promptings when they come. It totally didn't make sense to give away his certificate, but he listened and did it anyway. That is so GREAT!! What a wonderful boy!gmar
Wow,B is such a good example. He really acts on the spirit and it's amazing.
Poor Delma. That's too bad when they have bad experiences at places that should be fun. Next time I think I would talk to the mom, even if she doesn't really understand what you say, your tone and body language should send a pretty clear message.
Post a Comment