On Monday since it was a holiday so no school and no work we decided to take the kids to the zoo, even though it was raining. We have a zoo pass so even if we only stayed for a little while it would still be worth it. We got out the stroller to put in the van and Delma climbed in the stroller and decided she wanted to stay in the stroller and was not going to get in the van. We tried to "explain" to her that we were going to the zoo but she just got madder and madder. Usually when we get out her jacket she gets excited and she is happy to go anywhere even just to pick Brennen up from school. So this was a surprise that she was throwing such a fit. B and K have been sitting in the van for several minutes waiting so we decided we couldn't calm Delma down so we buckled her in anyway. It took Jason and I both to get her buckled. She screamed the entire way to the zoo (we made it there in record time). The more any of us tried to talk to her to calm her down the worse it got. So we just left her alone. But since I had the camera with me I decided to shoot some video. So here it is. Our mellow easy going red-head has entered the "terrible two's" It is rare that she gets this upset but when she does...look out!!
The video is a little sad but the funny thing is once the van stopped she uncovered her eyes, looked up and saw that we were at the zoo and said "oh, yah, ok, thanks mum!!" She was very happy to be at the zoo and we had a great time...despite the rain.
We came prepared. The girls wore their "puddle jumpers" and I brought extra clothes and coats in case they got too wet. It was pretty awesome because all the parents around us were yelling at their kids to stay out of the puddles and we were pointing them out to our kids and encouraging them to splash and enjoy!






We came prepared. The girls wore their "puddle jumpers" and I brought extra clothes and coats in case they got too wet. It was pretty awesome because all the parents around us were yelling at their kids to stay out of the puddles and we were pointing them out to our kids and encouraging them to splash and enjoy!
I think they could watch the monkeys all day.

Delma carried around this map of the zoo and was our guide for the day!


Of course we HAD to ride the carousel!


Kiara was so excited, she finally got to ride the lady bug. All the other times we have rode this carousel the lady bug was taken.
We had a great time! Surprisingly there were quite a few people at the zoo. On the way home we picked up a pizza, then ate it while watching "the funny show" (America's Funniest Videos) our favorite family show. What a nice relaxing day!
WARNING...PICTURE BELOW MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR SMALL CHILDREN!!!
(I wasn't sure if I should post this picture but it was tooo funny!)
So this is an interesting time of year to go to the zoo. Our kids kept asking us why the animals were playing piggy-back-ride. Seriously...there was LOVE in the air. Maybe it had something to do with it being Valentines weekend. Anyway, this was the funniest. This is a picture of the really big tortoises. The funny thing was that the male makes a REALLY LOUD grunting noise. So all the kids (not just ours) were walking around imitating the noise from the tortoise. The parents were all snickering. It was quite funny. We mostly avoided the question about why they were doing that.
4 comments:
That's interesting about the turtles. Funny thing is I have a picture similar to that only it included monkeys.
I can't wait until the weather gets a little warmer to be able to go to the zoo! I LOVE that place!
WOW DELMA! I didn't know she had it in her. Too bad Kiara had to ride next to her.
That looks like a fun time at the zoo! I'm glad Kiara finally got the lady bug.
Do the girls wear shoes inside their "puddle jumpers"?
Shoes won't fint inside their puddle jumpers. Sometimes we put a few pairs of socks, depending on how big the puddle jumpers are. Delma's barely fit right now, so she will need a new pair soon. Right now they are her favorite shoes so she wears them all day long.
I think maybe we should quit having birthday parties when they turn two. It's like giving them permission to start the tantrums. :-)
Thanks for sharing the picture of the turtles, that's too funny. :)
Post a Comment