I woke up last Friday with a blood clot in my leg. I knew what it was because I have had one once before. It is very painful and at times hard to walk. This one spread up my leg after a few days and is about 7 inches long. It looks worse than it feels now. I'm actually doing a lot better and the good news is the Dr. says I'm not going to die! It is in a superficial vein so when it breaks loose it won't get into my heart or lungs. They are not sure why I get them. There are a few things I may need to do prevent from getting them in the future. Thanks to everyone who helped me out. Thanks to Jason who has a lot of patience!
New Bike :-)
On to some better news! Brennen has been working and saving all summer for a new bike, he wanted one that is like mine and Jason's and is comfy to ride since we like to go on long bike rides. Jason was awesome enough to find the exact one he wanted on ebay. It is about a year old but almost half the price of a new one. Brennen got the bike this week and has been waiting patiently (not) for Jason to get a few parts to finish putting it together since it shipped disassembled. Anyway we are going on a family bike ride tonight, can't wait! We have replaced my stolen bike so we are good to go.
State Fair!!
We had a great time at the State Fair. We haven't been for so long our kids could not remember what it was all about.

Kiara loved her pony!
Delma LOVES horses, she was so thrilled to ride one she couldn't contain herself! It was awesome seeing her have such a good time. She kept patting the horse and making horsey sounds.
Silly girl making a silly face for the camera! Every time we would see the ponies after the ride, she would neigh at them and blow kisses and point and whine. I think she could have stayed on her pony all day.
Delma LOVES horses, she was so thrilled to ride one she couldn't contain herself! It was awesome seeing her have such a good time. She kept patting the horse and making horsey sounds.
Silly girl making a silly face for the camera! Every time we would see the ponies after the ride, she would neigh at them and blow kisses and point and whine. I think she could have stayed on her pony all day.We let the kids fish at the fishing pond. Brennen has been wanting to catch a Cat fish or anything more exciting than a trout really really bad. Jason has taken him to Utah Lake twice with no luck. This pond had some pretty big Cat fish so he was excited to get his chance. Unfortunately...his little sister caught the Cat and Brennen caught again...a Trout. He was not happy! We cheered him up by giving him the extra ticket for the huge slide so he got to go down twice. Poor guy!

She cast by herself and reeled it in. Good job Kiara!
Kiara was pretty humble about it and didn't rub it in too much until we got home and I was asking them what their favorite part of the fair was. Kiara said in such a sweet voice. "When I caught a Cat fish and Brennen didn't"


She cast by herself and reeled it in. Good job Kiara!
Kiara was pretty humble about it and didn't rub it in too much until we got home and I was asking them what their favorite part of the fair was. Kiara said in such a sweet voice. "When I caught a Cat fish and Brennen didn't"
We all rode the big yellow slide so I don't have any pictures. It was a lot of fun. Delma got a little scared though.
The kids loved seeing all the animals. We ran out of time and didn't end up seeing the pigs or rabbits, guess we'll have to save that for next year. We were there for almost four hours!

I just had to throw this picture in. Delma loves her crocks so much she wears them all the time, even to church (it's usually not worth the fight trying to get her to wear something else). I was trying to get her ready for bed but she gets her crocks back on before I can finish getting her dressed. Silly girl, can you tell she loves to pose for pictures?
I have such a great family, I just love watching my kids experience new things and having fun.
The kids loved seeing all the animals. We ran out of time and didn't end up seeing the pigs or rabbits, guess we'll have to save that for next year. We were there for almost four hours!


I just had to throw this picture in. Delma loves her crocks so much she wears them all the time, even to church (it's usually not worth the fight trying to get her to wear something else). I was trying to get her ready for bed but she gets her crocks back on before I can finish getting her dressed. Silly girl, can you tell she loves to pose for pictures?I have such a great family, I just love watching my kids experience new things and having fun.




5 comments:
WOW! Such fun. Your kids are having lots of good family experiences! Jan - you look really good BTW, and I hope your blood clot gets better soon!
I hope things get better soon. Sounds like a lot of fun!
The bike ride sounds like a lot of fun.
I really liked the part about Kiara catching the catfish. That was pretty funny!
Glad to hear you are doing okay. :) I love the pics of your kids. They are so CUTE!!!
Wow! that looks like a fun day at the fair. Way to go Kiara on the cat fish, and to you Brennen on catching the trout. Brennen I like your new ride, be very careful and don't ride in the street with out your parents watchig you. We love little Delma she is so cute especially when she acts so shy. you have a special family, we love you guys.
Love ya
Dad
Looks like fun! (well, except the blood clot of course!)
Post a Comment