Monday, June 1, 2009

Recipe

My Family LOVES this recipe so I thought I would share it. It is pretty easy to make. I LOVE the crock-pot, best invention ever!

Crock-pot Meatloaf recipe
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
2 slices day-old bread, cubed
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper (I usually leave this one out)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1/4 cup ketchup
baby carrots (however many you want, my family loves it so I put a ton of carrots)
small red potatoes quartered (however many you want)

In a bowl, beat egg and milk. Stir in the bread cubes, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper. Add beef and mix well. Shape into a round loaf.

Place in a 5- qt slow cooker. Spread ketchup on top of loaf. Arrange carrots around loaf. Place potatoes over carrots.

Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 7-8 hours longer or until no pink remains in the mean and the vegetables are tender. (mine usually only takes 6 hrs on low)

2 comments:

Laura said...

That looks like a pretty easy recipe compared to other meat loaf recipes I've seen. We'll have to try it.

Laura said...

when you say "day old bread" does that mean bread you left out for a day to get crusty, like stuffing?