Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hair and Nails

I have never in my life had my nails done. Not even for my wedding. I meant to but ran out of time. So for Valentines Day Jason got me a gift certificate to get my nails done. It was a big surprise. I decided to take Kiara with me and make it a fun "girls outing". Kira has been having a hard time lately. She has been talking and acting like a baby and is not liking having to share mom with a little sister. I am trying to make sure she gets more one-on-one time with me and told her if she stops trying to be like a baby her and I can go do more "big-girl" activities without Delma. So this was the perfect opportunity. It was a lot of fun! Thanks Jason!
Kiara has decided that not only does she like to pick out her own outfits she now likes to do her own hair. Some days are just sooo funny. I try to talk her into letting me do her hair when we have to go somewhere but it's just not worth a fight...so whatever. She is such a girly girl! She loves anything pink, owns about 10 different chapsticks and always has at least one in her pocket. She is already asking me when she can start wearing makeup. Not for a long time! Kiara is such a cutie, we just love her to pieces!

2 comments:

Laura said...

How fun to get your nails done. I had mine done once. I liked it. That's cute that Kiara likes to do her own hair, I used to be quite creative with my hair too . Kiara is so cute.

The Achenbach Family said...

Way fun! I LOVE getting my nails done. Haylee and Tawni do too, but Haylee chews hers off and Tawni plays violin so that is hard for her. Your nails look cute! And I bet she was loving being all pampered!