Last Friday Jason went on an all day fishing trip with a friend. It decided I needed to come up with something to keep the kids busy for the day. I texted my siblings and told them I was going to the park at noon and bringing a picnic if anyone wanted to join. My sisters and my brother showed up with their kids so we had 12 kids, food, kites, tennis rackets and gorgeous weather! We played for about 4 1/2 hours! There was hardly anyone else at the park. I was surprised at how much time the kids spent flying kites. It was a lot of fun and I was pretty exhausted when we got home. TJ loved hanging out on a blanket in the shade. He loves being outside.
Delma and I got her kite up really high, we used all the string!
Kiara insisted on doing it herself and wouldn't let anyone help her. Eventually she got hers up too!
We did have a few incidents where the kites got stuck in trees but we managed to get them back.
Here is some funny picture of cousin Zaxton eating a popsicle
We all had a lot of fun and will definitely have to do it again sometime.
No comments:
Post a Comment